Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Mini-ITX Boards Sale, Fanless BareBones Mini-ITX, Bootable 1G DSL USBs, 533MHz Fanless PC <-- SALE $200 each!
Get The Official Damn Small Linux Book. DSL Market , Great VPS hosting provided by Tektonic

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: How to install Audacity, Need instructions how to< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
borgward Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 10 2008,03:28 QUOTE

I need to install Audacity. I am willing to reinstall DSL 2.0 if need be.

I will be running DSL on the HDD. Dell CPi 400MHz PII. 250 MB RAM. 6 GB HDD.

Which type of HDD install do I need to have to be able to install audacity-1.2.2.tar.gz to the HDD, so that I do not have to reinstall it every time I reboot. Frugal or Debian?

Are there any directories that I need to create?

What are all the steps I need to go thru from start to finish to install Audacity?
Profile PM 
Juanito Offline

Posted: Oct. 10 2008,06:00 QUOTE

As opposed to the other post, is it correct to assume that you'd now like to compile audacity rather than use one of the existing tar.gz or uci mydsl extensions?

If you make a frugal install of dsl, it not difficult to use mydsl extensions. You could compile audacity as well, but that would take a lot more effort.
Profile PM 
borgward Offline

Posted: Oct. 10 2008,19:16 QUOTE

I am not ready to compile anything yet.

I already did a frugal install of DSL 2.0. I am willing to do a frugal install again, if that's what it takes. I would be starting out w/ a clean slate.

What is there anything during the frugal install that I need to facilitate installing Audacity.

After completing the install, what are the steps I need to go thru to have Audacity installed on the HDD, so that I can use it after every reboot?
Profile PM 
Juanito Offline

Posted: Oct. 11 2008,02:31 QUOTE

If you've done a frugal hd install, you just need to create a folder named /mydsl on the hd and copy audacity.uci into that folder. It will be loaded automatically on every boot.
Profile PM 
3 replies since Oct. 10 2008,03:28 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Quick Reply: How to install Audacity

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code