Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Mini-ITX Boards Sale, Fanless BareBones Mini-ITX, Bootable 1G DSL USBs, 533MHz Fanless PC <-- SALE $200 each!
Get The Official Damn Small Linux Book. DSL Market , Great VPS hosting provided by Tektonic

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Extension icons ??, Do they get removed on umount of .uci< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
hawki Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 24 2005,19:26 QUOTE

I have created a .uci of the latest Opera browser 8.50.  It looks like I have it working ok but I have a question.  I put the following files in /tmp/myds.icons  and put then in the user.tar.gz file.

opera850.lnk
opera850.png

When I load the .uci it places them in /home/dsl/.xtdeskop and displays the icon in the desktop.  That all seems to work.

When I unload the .uci using the myDSL button of emelfm should the icon disappear from the desktop and the files get deleted from /home/dsl/.xtdesktop?

That does not seem to be happening and I thought it worked that way on another .uci I built.

I would like to know it is working ok before I submit it to the repository.
Profile PM 
mikshaw Offline

Posted: Sep. 25 2005,04:06 QUOTE

I assumed that /tmp/mydsl.icons was used at runtime...not something the user or packager has to deal with.  If you put the icons in /opt/whatever/user.tar.gz as home/dsl/.xtdesktop/* they should be removed when the extension is umounted.
I think your extension also needs to have the same name as the icon....opera850.uci

--------------
http://www.tldp.org/LDP/intro-linux/html/index.html
Profile PM WEB 
hawki Offline

Posted: Sep. 25 2005,16:14 QUOTE

Thanks mikshaw
It looks like moving the .png and .lnk files to /home/dsl/.xtdesktop makes it work like I thought it should.  I just submitted the .uci to the repository.
Opera no longer has banner ads in the latest free version.  I'm thinking this may be a popular extension.
thanks again
Profile PM 
2 replies since Sep. 24 2005,19:26 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Quick Reply: Extension icons ??

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code