Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Mini-ITX Boards Sale, Fanless BareBones Mini-ITX, Bootable 1G DSL USBs, 533MHz Fanless PC <-- SALE $200 each!
Get The Official Damn Small Linux Book. DSL Market , Great VPS hosting provided by Tektonic
Pages: (2) </ 1 [2] >/

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: MAME in fullscreen?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
^thehatsrule^ Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 14 2007,23:46 QUOTE

First problem was that on reboot it complained it couldn't find the XF86Config file... I eventually had to unzip and mount the minirt24 image and add the file there; I guess there's a timing issue with file restoration and Xfree86 starting (this is on a stock DSL install so it can't be a problem I've caused!).
Using a frugal?  Add /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 to your ~/.filetool.lst and then use backup/restore.

My ultimate aim is to have a usb-key that can run xmame in fullscreen on any box so I'm going to do some digging around xfree86's documentation and see if I can come up with a general purpose config file that'll give 800x600 on any box and allow fullscreen.
This one might be kind of hard to do... unless you try to use some video-card detection (only preliminarily in xorg atm afaik, maybe there's another external program that could do this).  You can try just plan "vesa" - should work better than the tinyx xvesa that comes with dsl but has similar compatibility with better features - but doesn't have the benefits of using a specific driver.
Profile PM 
5 replies since Feb. 05 2007,16:46 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) </ 1 [2] >/
reply to topic new topic new poll
Quick Reply: MAME in fullscreen?

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code