Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Mini-ITX Boards Sale, Fanless BareBones Mini-ITX, Bootable 1G DSL USBs, 533MHz Fanless PC <-- SALE $200 each!
Get The Official Damn Small Linux Book. DSL Market , Great VPS hosting provided by Tektonic
Pages: (3) </ 1 [2] 3 >/

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: I wonder if this is even legal?, Linux XP charging money.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Zucca Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 26 2006,11:45 QUOTE

THANK YOU Microsoft. :D

"The day when Microsoft starts to produce something that doesn't suck is probably the day when they start producing vacuum cleaners."

--------------
Do you have it? - http://dy.fi/mak
Profile PM WEB ICQ MSN 
Sgt Offline

Posted: Dec. 06 2006,00:22 QUOTE

Redhat and others charge....Guess what??? I'm not using them either....
Profile PM 
muskrat Offline

Posted: Jan. 14 2008,04:45 QUOTE

I have tested Windows Vista and I think that next year will be a great time to try and convert Windows users to Linux because Vista is different enough that they'll need to re-learn a little about how to navigate the desktop.

Here it is a year later, I I have found it quite strange, windows users don't complain about having to change thier ways to use vista. But try and get them to change to linux and all they do is complain.

--------------
Who needs windows when we have no walls?
Profile PM WEB 
clivesay Offline

Group: Guests
Posted: Jan. 14 2008,12:40 QUOTE

Quote (muskrat @ Jan. 13 2008,22:45)
Here it is a year later, I I have found it quite strange, windows users don't complain about having to change thier ways to use vista. But try and get them to change to linux and all they do is complain.

They are complaining....a lot! BUT, I think that since it's Windows, they think it's just part of having a new computer. It's strange how people are.

The biggest thing that my customers are using that makes Linux a difficult sale is itunes.

Chris
Profile PM MSN YIM 
jpeters Offline

Posted: Jan. 14 2008,16:29 QUOTE

Quote (clivesay @ Jan. 14 2008,07:40)
The biggest thing that my customers are using that makes Linux a difficult sale is itunes.

Chris

For DSL in particular, I would speculate it's the inability to play flash 9 videos, which have become the standard (unfortunately).
Profile PM 
10 replies since Sep. 25 2006,07:46 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) </ 1 [2] 3 >/
reply to topic new topic new poll
Quick Reply: I wonder if this is even legal?

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code