Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Mini-ITX Boards Sale, Fanless BareBones Mini-ITX, Bootable 1G DSL USBs, 533MHz Fanless PC <-- SALE $200 each!
Get The Official Damn Small Linux Book. DSL Market , Great VPS hosting provided by Tektonic
Pages: (2) </ [1] 2 >/

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Uploaded jhfCAPTCHA, Python  script generates CAPTCHAs< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
newby Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 09 2008,04:41 QUOTE

After some interesting experiences in the land of the fumble fingered, I managed to upload jhfCAPTCHA.  (If you reverse the order of the file names with md5sum you wipe out your tarball!)

jhfCAPTCHA is a Python script to generate CAPTCHAs for one's website.  You can see a demo at:

http://www.biosurvey.ou.edu/jhfCAPTCHA.310107-1/jhfcaptcha.php

Regards,
Newby
Profile PM 
newby Offline

Posted: Mar. 18 2008,14:10 QUOTE

Further stumbling around on the web reveals that the hackers consider jhfCAPTCHA pretty easy to hack.  Please don't use jhfCAPTCHA if you have very sensitive data to protect.
Profile PM 
lucky13 Offline

Posted: Mar. 18 2008,16:06 QUOTE

1. It's not python, it's php.
2. This section is for applications, not python or php scripts.
3. Do various and sundry (not to mention widely available) scripts belong in MyDSL? If so, where? Are they "applications" or do they warrant a category that won't require users to have to search through all kinds of stuff to find what they're looking for?
4. Is it really necessary to start new threads for everything submitted? Or should there be any relevant "heads ups" added when Robert posts what's been added to testing?

Edit: The fourth point is germane to the idea of having separate threads for submissions to testing and things that are already out of testing. I think this section is intended for things that are found in the "applications" section of MyDSL, not things in (or announcements for things that have been submitted to) "testing."

--------------
"It felt kind of like having a pitbull terrier on my rear end."
-- meo (copyright(c)2008, all rights reserved)
Profile PM WEB 
newby Offline

Posted: Mar. 19 2008,04:42 QUOTE

Quote (lucky13 @ Mar. 18 2008,11:06)
1. It's not python, it's php.
2. This section is for applications, not python or php scripts.
3. Do various and sundry (not to mention widely available) scripts belong in MyDSL? If so, where? Are they "applications" or do they warrant a category that won't require users to have to search through all kinds of stuff to find what they're looking for?
4. Is it really necessary to start new threads for everything submitted? Or should there be any relevant "heads ups" added when Robert posts what's been added to testing?

Edit: The fourth point is germane to the idea of having separate threads for submissions to testing and things that are already out of testing. I think this section is intended for things that are found in the "applications" section of MyDSL, not things in (or announcements for things that have been submitted to) "testing."

Sorry, when I try to post in the "The Testing Area" I get a message:

"Sorry, you do not have permission to start a topic in this forum"

PHP/Python - Boy, it was more of a trip through fumble-finger land than I thought!  Sorry.
Profile PM 
^thehatsrule^ Offline

Posted: Mar. 19 2008,06:10 QUOTE

Sorry, when I try to post in the "The Testing Area" I get a message:
Typically you can respond to the new extensions thread of the month
Profile PM 
6 replies since Mar. 09 2008,04:41 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) </ [1] 2 >/
reply to topic new topic new poll
Quick Reply: Uploaded jhfCAPTCHA

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code