Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Mini-ITX Boards Sale, Fanless BareBones Mini-ITX, Bootable 1G DSL USBs, 533MHz Fanless PC <-- SALE $200 each!
Get The Official Damn Small Linux Book. DSL Market , Great VPS hosting provided by Tektonic
Pages: (2) </ 1 [2] >/

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Ice, optional extensions< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
mikshaw Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 06 2007,22:39 QUOTE

Considering the license, I have no right to complain =o)

One thing, though, that I thought about yesterday...If you're going to modify my script, please either remove my name from it or incude your changes in the "changelog" area. I don't want to be listed as the sole author of something that has been worked on by others, and I would like to know what has been changed if I decide to work on your version of the script in the future.

I still haven't tried this version yet, but I'm definitely interested in seeing how you've improved it.

--------------
http://www.tldp.org/LDP/intro-linux/html/index.html
Profile PM WEB 
jpeters Offline

Posted: Oct. 07 2007,00:17 QUOTE

Quote (mikshaw @ Oct. 06 2007,18:39)
Considering the license, I have no right to complain =o)

One thing, though, that I thought about yesterday...If you're going to modify my script, please either remove my name from it or incude your changes in the "changelog" area. I don't want to be listed as the sole author of something that has been worked on by others, and I would like to know what has been changed if I decide to work on your version of the script in the future.

I still haven't tried this version yet, but I'm definitely interested in seeing how you've improved it.

I put a comment before the MyDsl() section taking responsibility for the tweak.  The only other change is in the case include) section, where I replaced the original code with

include)
                          MyDsl
                          echo "}" >> $OUTPOOT
                           ;;

It's your call regarding posting to MyDsl since it's your extension.
I'm guessing you'll be doing your own update anyway.
Profile PM 
mikshaw Offline

Posted: Oct. 07 2007,02:25 QUOTE

I'm guessing you'll be doing your own update anyway.
Considering how lazy I've been with extensions over the last few months, there's no guarantee when it will be updated. IceWM is among at least 6 or 7 extensions that I've planned to update since around August, but so far I have done nothing since then. It will be updated, but i can't say when...maybe the next rainy day, or maybe not before I get snowed in this winter. If you make an update, I'll probably use that update as a base for mine...seems the logical thing to do, considering the community-focused nature of open source software.

--------------
http://www.tldp.org/LDP/intro-linux/html/index.html
Profile PM WEB 
jpeters Offline

Posted: Oct. 07 2007,07:13 QUOTE

Quote (mikshaw @ Oct. 06 2007,22:25)
It will be updated, but i can't say when...maybe the next rainy day, or maybe not before I get snowed in this winter. If you make an update, I'll probably use that update as a base for mine...seems the logical thing to do, considering the community-focused nature of open source software.

Maybe submitting it as a fixed replacement is the way to go, since the intention is to reproduce the fluxbox menu.    

http://www.jpeters.net/apps/
Profile PM 
8 replies since Sep. 30 2007,22:11 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) </ 1 [2] >/
reply to topic new topic new poll
Quick Reply: Ice

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code