Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Mini-ITX Boards Sale, Fanless BareBones Mini-ITX, Bootable 1G DSL USBs, 533MHz Fanless PC <-- SALE $200 each!
Get The Official Damn Small Linux Book. DSL Market , Great VPS hosting provided by Tektonic
Pages: (7) </ 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... >/

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

new topic new poll
Topic: DSL v4.4< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
meo Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 09 2008,15:44 QUOTE

Hi Robert!

Just tried to get the dmix to look nicer in fluxbox so I just put this line (as the second line) in home/dsl/.luafltkrc  Fl:set_font(0,"smoothansi")  and then all went back to the way it was in the RC's. So now it looks OK again.

Have fun keeping up your good work,
meo

--------------
"Live and let live"   Treat others the way you want to be treated because that's what you should expect from them.

"All that is very well," answered Candide, "but let us cultivate our garden." - Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire
Profile PM 
andrewb Offline

Posted: June 09 2008,23:24 QUOTE

Quote (roberts @ June 09 2008,05:15)
Still not sure why all the labelsize are included in this script but labelsize(4) to labelsize(22) caused the wide variation of fonts when a scable font (helvetica) is used, as in .luafltkrc

I'm not sure why they are all there. They were all originally set to 10 in John's original version ofthe script. The different sizes are a leftover from when I amended the script to allow for the smoothansi font. I didn't realise at first that it was a fixed font & tried to scale it. I must have left the changes in there. I ended up modifying the box sizes to fit the font better. Sorry!
Profile PM 
roberts Offline

Posted: June 10 2008,00:36 QUOTE

No problem. I view this project as a learning experience for all, and that most definitely includes me. I like the challenge to learn new things. As hard as we all try, nothing is perfect, but the effort is most welcomed. Besides, look at it this way, we all have learned that labelsize does work when used with a scable font and otherwise this fact may still waiting to be gleaned.

I will wait a few days and see if anything else needs a tweak and then issue a 4.4.1.
Profile PM WEB 
roberts Offline

Posted: June 10 2008,01:12 QUOTE

Adding the smoothansi font line and removing all labelsize commands cleans up the dmix script.
Profile PM WEB 
andrewb Offline

Posted: June 10 2008,03:42 QUOTE

One other oddity I have just found in the dmix script is that the sliders are set up with the range 1-100 so that a volume of 0 cannot be set, other than by muting, or if the 'lock' option is selected. Umix accepts values 0-100 & that is what I used  in making the changes for the 'lock' mode.
Profile PM 
31 replies since June 09 2008,04:10 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (7) </ 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... >/
new topic new poll
Quick Reply: DSL v4.4

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code