Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Mini-ITX Boards Sale, Fanless BareBones Mini-ITX, Bootable 1G DSL USBs, 533MHz Fanless PC <-- SALE $200 each!
Get The Official Damn Small Linux Book. DSL Market , Great VPS hosting provided by Tektonic
Pages: (5) </ 1 [2] 3 4 5 >/

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

new topic new poll
Topic: DSL v4.4.7< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
andrewb Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 29 2008,23:49 QUOTE

Quote (Juanito @ Oct. 29 2008,15:06)
I was thinking it was "exitcheck.sh shutdown" that was called by a power button event?

You are correct!
Profile PM 
RRRR Offline

Posted: Oct. 31 2008,01:10 QUOTE

Followed the instructions in first post.

First issue: After making a backup with filetool.app a message window (named "Unnamed") pops up informing:
Invalide device: sdb2
However backup have been made to sdb2 and there don't seem to be any problems with the backup.tar.gz as far as I can see. So I don't understand this errormessage. This is an issue I didn't have in 4.4.6

Second issue: A bit more problematic. The newly (re)introduced mount.app just won't mount or umount any device or partition at all. It just launches a dialoge box containing messages like "Unable to mount the device at this time.." and soforth...
I can easily mount and umount the same devices with 'emelfm as root user'. I also had no problem with the previous mount tool...
Profile PM 
roberts Offline

Posted: Oct. 31 2008,03:23 QUOTE

You should not have to mount or umount as root user. Therein points to your issue. Perhaps you have an extension that overwrites /bin/mount.

Both mount.app and cli $ was tested base norestore and also with gnu-utils.dsl. There is no /bin/mount in gnu-utils.dsl. Having such would explain your issue. If you have /bin/mount in your gnu-utils.dsl then you need to refresh gnu-utils.dsl gnu-utils was updatet (mount) removed when mount command was updated to allow user mount/umount many versions ago.
Profile PM WEB 
roberts Offline

Posted: Oct. 31 2008,03:30 QUOTE

Any error during backup will cause a popup message, including trying to backup an non-existant file. You might want check the contents of /tmp/backup_status before you actually shutdown.
Profile PM WEB 
^thehatsrule^ Offline

Posted: Oct. 31 2008,05:15 QUOTE

Quote (roberts @ Oct. 31 2008,03:30)
Any error during backup will cause a popup message, including trying to backup an non-existant file. You might want check the contents of /tmp/backup_status before you actually shutdown.
On errors, does it suggest that to the user?  i.e. "There were errors.  Please check /tmp/backup_status"

And/or perhaps having a button to launch something to view it might be convenient.
Profile PM 
22 replies since Oct. 29 2008,02:34 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (5) </ 1 [2] 3 4 5 >/
new topic new poll
Quick Reply: DSL v4.4.7

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code