Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Mini-ITX Boards Sale, Fanless BareBones Mini-ITX, Bootable 1G DSL USBs, 533MHz Fanless PC <-- SALE $200 each!
Get The Official Damn Small Linux Book. DSL Market , Great VPS hosting provided by Tektonic

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: box login id??< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
qrtback10 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 17 2007,02:41 QUOTE

I have been installing DSL successfully using this disk and now on this particular one after the hd is formatted and partitioned and after the cpu restarts and I put in the dsl/root passwords it is now asking me for a BOX LOGIN ID and PASSWORD. I have never had it ask me that before! First of all, what is it? And secondly, how do I get by it to just go to the normal DSL OS after a boot everytime without having that come up? Thanks for any advice!
Profile PM 
mikshaw Offline

Posted: Feb. 17 2007,03:30 QUOTE

I'm guessing you installed it (or at least booted it) differently this time.  The "box login" is merely a login prompt that is common in every unix-like system.  In dsl this does not come up by default because it is typically a single-user system that automatically logs you in as user dsl, with no password.

You did say, however, that "I put in the dsl/root passwords". This apparently means you created passwords for the users, which would result in the system asking for the password when the system starts up.  When it asks for a login, type "dsl", and when it asks for a password, type the password you created for user dsl.

--------------
http://www.tldp.org/LDP/intro-linux/html/index.html
Profile PM WEB 
qrtback10 Offline

Posted: Feb. 21 2007,02:36 QUOTE

Thank you that's what it was. I appreciate the help!
Profile PM 
2 replies since Feb. 17 2007,02:41 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Quick Reply: box login id??

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code