Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Mini-ITX Boards Sale, Fanless BareBones Mini-ITX, Bootable 1G DSL USBs, 533MHz Fanless PC <-- SALE $200 each!
Get The Official Damn Small Linux Book. DSL Market , Great VPS hosting provided by Tektonic
Pages: (2) </ [1] 2 >/

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: HELP!  How do I change Mplayer plug-in settings?, /opt/mplayerplug-in/etc< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
jhsu Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 04 2008,19:32 QUOTE

The file is /opt/mplayerplug-in/etc/mplayerplug-in.conf

I think I've found a solution for the problem I've been having with YouTube videos being too dark.  The source of this solution is at
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questio....-545584

This suggests I need to make a change in the file /opt/mplayerplug-in/etc/mplayerplug-in.conf .

However, the computer refuses to let me edit this file and doesn't even let me change the permissions.  What do I do to just add one little command to this one file?  I need to blow through this speed trap on the information superhighway.

--------------
Current cheatcodes:
kernel /boot/linux24 root=/dev/hda1 quiet vga=normal noacpi noapm nodma noscsi frugal home=hda3 opt=hda3 restore=hda3 root=hda3
Profile PM 
lucky13 Offline

Posted: Aug. 04 2008,22:04 QUOTE

If you installed via UCI, you have to remember its mountpoint is not writable. You can temporarily copy the directory with contents to another directory name (e.g., mplayer-temp), run mydsl-load on the original UCI to unmount it, copy the temp directory back to the original name*, then modify it as you need, and either tarball it as a tar.gz, as a new custom UCI, or leave it be if you're using a hard drive install or have plenty space on whatever medium you have /opt mounted. (If this is for hard drive install, you should probably convert your UCIs so they're persistent directories instead of mountable apps anyway.)

*- Use the same, identical, case-sensitive, etc. name to prevent errors due to things being linked to self-contained (and related dependency) directories.

--------------
"It felt kind of like having a pitbull terrier on my rear end."
-- meo (copyright(c)2008, all rights reserved)
Profile PM WEB 
jhsu Offline

Posted: Aug. 04 2008,22:10 QUOTE

I have a frugal installation.  The myDSL extension if mplayerplug-in.unc .

How do I make the change?

--------------
Current cheatcodes:
kernel /boot/linux24 root=/dev/hda1 quiet vga=normal noacpi noapm nodma noscsi frugal home=hda3 opt=hda3 restore=hda3 root=hda3
Profile PM 
lucky13 Offline

Posted: Aug. 04 2008,22:26 QUOTE

I didn't know it was UNC, I figured with it being in /opt and unwritable it was UCI. Same process of copy-change-recompress, just different method and you can't unmount it (so do the work in a temp directory or in your home directory). The wiki has directions to make each kind of extension:
http://damnsmalllinux.org/wiki/index.php/Creating_MyDSL_Extensions

--------------
"It felt kind of like having a pitbull terrier on my rear end."
-- meo (copyright(c)2008, all rights reserved)
Profile PM WEB 
jhsu Offline

Posted: Aug. 04 2008,23:35 QUOTE

OK, I copied the mplayerplug-in directory contents from /opt/mplayerplug-in to /home/dsl/jhsu-mplayerplugin-temp

I unmounted the mplayerplug-in as you described.

I made the change to the mplayerplug-in.conf file.

What do I do now?  How do I get all this back into a .unc?

--------------
Current cheatcodes:
Profile PM 
8 replies since Aug. 04 2008,19:32 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) </ [1] 2 >/
reply to topic new topic new poll
Quick Reply: HELP!  How do I change Mplayer plug-in settings?

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code