Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Mini-ITX Boards Sale, Fanless BareBones Mini-ITX, Bootable 1G DSL USBs, 533MHz Fanless PC <-- SALE $200 each!
Get The Official Damn Small Linux Book. DSL Market , Great VPS hosting provided by Tektonic
Pages: (2) </ 1 [2] >/

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Is My DSL Permanently down?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
windancer Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 20 2011,13:23 QUOTE

well I downloaded and tried tinycore my old panasonic Toughbook just doesnt like it as with many distros its very finicky :( so for me its DSL or Windows XP Lite
Profile PM AOL 
buzzard Offline

Posted: Mar. 07 2011,05:04 QUOTE

So, is tinycore the new project of what was previously the DSL team, or is it a completely different outfit?
Profile PM WEB YIM 
windancer Offline

Posted: April 15 2011,02:12 QUOTE

Quote (buzzard @ Mar. 07 2011,05:04)
So, is tinycore the new project of what was previously the DSL team, or is it a completely different outfit?

No clue Buzzard. it was a recommendation from another member. However my old toughbook wont boot Tinycore Ive exhausted all possibilties. My toughbook is old as dirt but it still fun to see what I can get out of it. at this point its DSL, winXP Lite, Win98, WinME or Win2000. I would love to get a good version of linux running on it. Not that DSL isnt good in fact its the best running system out of those I posted. However my Laptop is real finicky on wireless cards I cant get my wireless working in DSL for some reason.
Profile PM AOL 
andrewb Offline

Posted: July 28 2011,12:09 QUOTE

Quote (buzzard @ Mar. 07 2011,15:04)

Tinycore is led by Robert Shingledecker who was the power behind the development of DSL. Many of the other people actively involved in DSL also moved to TC.

Machine specs for TC are sumarised in:
tinycore

as:
It can also be run on older, slower computers. Minimum performance requirements depend on which applications you install in Tinycore. Most applications will run on a computer with 256 mb of ram. Tinycore can be run on a computer with 128 mb of ram, with selected applications. It may not be worthwhile for most people to run Tinycore on a computer with less than 128 mb of ram, as even less applications will run. The absolute minimum to run Tinycore is 48 mb of ram.

A quick search of the tc forums shows Toughbooks mentioned at:

Toughbook1
Toughbook2
Toughbook3
Profile PM 
stunix*com Offline

Posted: Mar. 14 2012,10:45 QUOTE

I think what happened to MyDSL is that Ibiblio moved the

ftp://ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/damnsmall/mydsl
to
ftp://distro.ibiblio.org/damnsmall/mydsl/

then didnt link them.

just go to your control panel/selectmirror and change the address to
distro.ibiblio.org/damnsmall/

also change http to ftp for faster downloads.  :)

I suppose you could add the conffile to your .filetool.lst  (if i could find it)
Profile PM 
9 replies since Feb. 08 2011,13:02 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) </ 1 [2] >/
reply to topic new topic new poll
Quick Reply: Is My DSL Permanently down?

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code