Site News :: DSL v4.4.7
DSL Version 4.4.7 is now posted.
This minor update consists of user requests.
* Added fluxbox dock app, mount.app. Dropped wmswallow. Moved fluxter into slit to better accomodate wm restarts.
* Added .sylpheed/sylpheedrc with associations for: firefox %s, editor %s, xmms %s, and xzgv %s
* Adjusted .jwmrc & .fluxbox/menu Swap file now calls swapfile.lua instead of the dialog version.
* Improved backup. Now tests success before final shutdown. Dropped /opt/powerdown.sh, moved backup call to filetool.sh in exitcheck.sh
* Added directory option to restore boot code. Once used, must always specify, will not autoscan down into directories.
Files that have changed and likely in your backup:
Note: Use extreme caution if you update your .sylpheed/sylpheedrc
You may want to note only the differences in your file and the one in /etc/skel/
Note: Use extreme caution with the new backup/restore. Best to make a copy and move it for safe keeping. Manually remove/rename /opt/powerdown.sh, as it is no longer used in 4.4.7.
Note: I will leave 4.4.6 in the current directory until I hear from those who requested the new features in 4.4.7
Note: It is always best to test new features with boot code of: base norestore
I don't have my DSL laptop to hand at the present time, but....
Will the acpi power button event be affected by the removal of powerdown.sh? IIRC powerdown.sh is called by the power-button event to carry out a shutdown of the system.
Are you talking about extensions? I don't have any acpi capable laptops to test.
I suppose you can add a call to powerdown.sh from exitcheck.sh if wanted/needed.
I'll check when I get back to my laptop & post the results.
I was thinking it was "exitcheck.sh shutdown" that was called by a power button event?