Joined: April 2007
||Posted: Jan. 10 2008,16:54
i'll try it
btw, now i'm trying a different way
i have an epson stylus phot 750 i already use on a fedora with cups
so i installed cups (luckily, it was already installed on my dsl-n)
this is what i did:
1) start cups with /etc/init.d/cupsys start
2) add printer
3) following all process to add printer
4) now i successfully added printer
5) print. it give me some errore "usb port not found" or something; i try to "modify printer" to set another usb port.
6) if i select usb port 3 (maybe the port where i plugged the printer? ) stop giving me error. woot. wow. \o/ now it saying "printing page 1, 10%" and like. but no print is done
i mean: cups state "printing done" but printer does'nt print -_-
already tried to install newer version of cups (downloaded new .dsl from website) and also starting cups with "sudo"
I tried but...
in the page you pointed me i read:
«How to Set Up a Printer With Apsfilter
Access Apsfilter by clicking on the "Printer Setup" button in the DSL Control Panel
The first screen of Apsfilter asks you to accept the license agreement.»
and blah blah blah blah...
now, if i click on "printer setup" on dsl control panel, it open seamonkey on "localhost:631" page (i mean: on cups administration setup panel -_- )
so, no apsfilter here -_-
i can just add the "export PRINTER=""" part into .xinitrc, or i need also something else? (for example, learning what's the name of this printer?)
ty vm for help