Joined: Jan. 2004
||Posted: Feb. 10 2004,20:31
Here's the changelog...
dillo-0.8.0 [Feb 08, 2003]
- * Added a right-mouse-button popup for images!
Patch: Frank de Lange, Eric Gaudet, Jorge Arellano
- * Made main document window grab focus on startup, fullwindow,
and after open url (BUG#330)
* Set Ctrl-U to focus the location entry,
Ctrl-R to reload, and Ctrl-H to hide controls.
Patches: Johan Hovold, Jorge Arellano, Stephan Goetter
- * Added a missing handler for broken-connection condition.
Patch: Jorge Arellano, Phil Pennock
- * Introduced a new way of handling dillo plugins! Now the
communications and managing is done by a daemon: dpid.
This comes with a lot of advantages described in Dpid.txt.
Patch: Programming: Ferdi Franceschini; Design: Jorge Arellano
- * Wrote documentation for dpid (Dpid.txt).
* Removed a memory leak in Get_line().
Patches: Jorge Arellano, Ferdi Franceschini
- * Developed a plugin for downloads. It uses wget and can handle several
connections at the same time.
* Developed stress tests for both dpid and the downloads dpi.
Patches: Ferdi Franceschini
- * Adapted dpi.c to manage plugins through dpid.
* Improved the incoming dpi-stream processing to accept images from a dpi.
* Added/updated lots of dpi-related comments.
* Updated the dpi1 spec.
* Removed the forced end-to-end reload that was set upon dpis. Now,
dpi-generated pages can be cached.
* Made dillo able to handle multiple plugins (still lacks a dynamic API)
* Wrote bare bones plugins for handling: FTP and HTTPS.
* Wrote an example plugin: HELLO --kind of "Hello world".
* Made all the bindings to make it work (fully commented).
* Added code for automatical and non-blocking dpid start!
* Added an extensible secondary URL convenience for popup menus.
* Attached the image popup to the link menu (when the link is an image).
* Removed a memory leak in the selection code (commands.c).
* Cleaned up memory handling when reusing the GioChannel for IPv6.
* Removed a race-condition-polling-CPU-hog bug in IO! (hairy... ;)
* Adapted the generic parser to make HTML error detection, providing
the line number and a hint (expected tag) in the error message!
* Added a bug-meter button that shows the count of detected HTML errors
(left click shows the errors, right click offers a validation menu).
* Added information about optional, required and forbidden end tags.
* Modified the parser's handling of closing tags to account for elements
with an optional close tag, and for more accurate diagnosis messages.
* Added 'use_old_parser' option to dillorc (boolean).
* Fixed the handling of HEAD and BODY elements to account for their
double optional condition (both open and close tags are optional).
* Added the MSG() macro to msg.h and replaced g_print() with it.
* Added the "show_msg" dillorc option to disable MSG().
* Increased the number of warning messages reported by gcc.
* Solved a lot of signed/unsigned problems.
* Made the necessary cleanups/bug-removals for the new warning level.
* Connected the dpi stream to the cache using the CCC!
* Fixed the cache API by introducing the new call a_Capi_get_buf().
* Fixed a race condition and a multiple request problem.
* Cleaned up the code for the progressbar widgets.
* Standarized unix domain sockets with AF_LOCAL for portability.
* Minor cleanups for a smooth compile on older systems (libc5).
* Fixed the handling of P element for the HTML nesting checks.
* Set Ctrl-B for bookmarks shortcut (instead of Alt-B).
Patches: Jorge Arellano
- * Enhanced the speed of the actual selection of text.
* Added command line option --debug-rendering.
* Added "button_sensitive" attribute to DwWidget, which is needed to
make <BUTTON>'s accessable at all. (They were inaccessable since the
introduction of text selection!)
* Changed behaviour of DwButton, see NOTE at beginning of dw_button.c.
* Added "collapsing margins" to DwPage.
* Added CSS "list-style-type" and "display" equivalents to DwStyle, changed
definition of "font", replaced "nowrap" by "white-space", and renamed
"link" to "x_link".
* DwBullet now uses DwStyle for the bullet type, made necessary changes
in HTML parser.
* Changed DwStyleLength, now only pixel values and percentages are
supported. (For CSS, anything else will be done elsewhere.)
* Added word backgrounds to DwPage (not yet used.)
* Added the possibility to clip widget drawings (new function
* Made images showing the ALT text as long as no image data has been
* Cleaned up event handling and related code: "link_*" signals now return
gboolean, and DwWidget events are signals.
* Moved DwRectangle and related to dw.c.
* Rewrote idle drawing, fixed BUG#202.
* Removed p_Dw_widget_queue_clear*.
* Added --enable-rtfl option to configure.
* Fixed a bug in findtext (wrong highlighting).
* Many changes in scrolling: added x coordinate (except for anchors), and
DW_[VH]POS_INTO_VIEW position. Added x coordinate also to DilloUrl.
Patches: Sebastian Geerken
- * Fixed bug in DwImage::link_clicked signal.
Patch: Stephan Goetter, Frank de Lange (simultaneously and independent :-)
- * Fixed memory leak in Html_tag_open_isindex.
* Added numerical keypad cursor keys navigation.
* Changed return values of Dw event methods from gint to gboolean.
* Cleaned up debug message generation by using glib wrappers.
* Replaced DwStyle::SubSup by new DwStyleVAlignType values, and
DwStyle::uline and DwPage::strike by new DwStyle::text_decorations.
* Added new convenience macros DW_WIDGET_HEIGHT, DW_WIDGET_CONTENT_HEIGHT,
(*)Added configure options to disable either: png, jpeg or gif.
(*)Fixed configure.in for proper library linking for dpis and dpid.
(*)Improved libpng detection.
Patches: Jörgen Viksell
- * Fixed wrong handling of coordinates in ISMAP and USEMAP images.
* Added a hand-shaped cursor to input controls of type image.
* Fixed a off-by-one memory leak in Dw(Ext)Iterator.
* Fixed NULL result handling of p_Dw_widget_text_iterator() in DwBullet,
DwHRuler and DwImage.
* Made dpid/Makefile.am aware of $(DESTDIR).
* Fixed wrong return value of a_Findtext_search for widget == NULL.
Patches: Frank de Lange
- * Fixed a bug in Dw cursor code.
Patch: Frank de Lange, Sebastian Geerken
- * Corrected marshal functions for DwWidget signals.
Patch: Anders Gavare, Sebastian Geerken
- * Added support for anchors using the "id" attribute (BUG#495).
* Defined dillo's version-string in one place only: configure.in.
Patch: Francis Daly
- * Removed a segfault source with corrupted MIME types in HTTP (BUG#501).
* Made SPAM-safe URLs aware of image buttons (BUG#508).
Patch: Francis Daly, Jorge Arellano
- * Added a web search dialog (with toolbar icon, shortcut: Ctrl-S).
The search engine can be set in dillorc (defaults to google).
Patch: Johan Hovold, Jorge Arellano
- * Fixed a problem with libpng options detection (configure.in).
Patch: Rubén Fernández
-(*)Added "pthreads" (with an "s") detection to configure.in.
Patch: Andreas Schweitzer
- * Added the "-geometry" switch to the CLI.
Patch: Jorge Arellano, Jan Dittmer