Joined: Dec. 2004
||Posted: Dec. 29 2004,20:28
I've just got DSL running on my "laptop" from an USB stick. I have some small problems though, since I'm quite a linux newbie...
The laptop is a Compaq Evo Ne 400c, with some "modifications". It has been stripped apart and everything non-essensial has been removed. It's actually only the screen and motherboard, and it is mounted in a picture frame.
http://jorn.aakre.no/frame.jpg (running win2k3 server on the image, sorry, bad quality on my cellphone camera)
My plan is to use this as a slidshow("screensaver") and attach a wireless mouse and also use it as a MP3 player. I would have done this in Windows usually, since that's my plain platform. But the HD was too noisy. Now it runs from the USB pen and has no moving parts, and is totally noiseless.
The computer only has 2 usb ports aviable, and 1 is in use by DSL. The other is attached to a small keyboard atm for testing/configuring.
* How can I set it to automatically boot with the settings I specify (first prompt where I can press F2, DSL 2, DSL 2 vga=normal, etc) ?
* Is there any way to get Norwegian keyboard to work with DSL? I tried "dsl lang=no", but nothing seemed to happen.
* Can I run vnc server from it? (would be nicer than have to boot into console because I have no mouse).
* Has anyone installed Apache and Mono on DSL? Would I get a hard time? :|
* How can I turn off "apm" (automatic "screensaver"/blank) ?
Lots of little puzzles for me here, these are the ones that I haven't figured out yet...