Joined: May 2006
||Posted: May 20 2006,16:26
Is your DSL very slow, or does it load extensions very slow, or is booting very slow? This maybe the cause and the solution:
- The autoconfigure fails to determine hardware.
- Mine failed to determine my usb and pcmcia.
- Possibly, the option 'dma' can cause problems if it is not supported, or 'nodma' if it is supported. Check your hardware. The default is 'nodma.'
- Not proved: using 'toram', but can cause inequalities if the ram is too small.
DSL is knoppix based, but does not support all hardware. So if you see 'autoconfigure seems to hang' when trying to autoconfig at boot, try on of these options at boot time:
- dsl nousb nopcmcia noapm noapic (etcetera)
Press F2 or look here to see the other boot options (or 'cheat codes')
Another solution, but this is not really proved:
- start dsl with 'dsl base', this only loads the base system without mydsl, and this could improve stability.
I hope somebody could use this. At least I did ;)
edited: thanks, changed it, and otherwise, I think the 'cheat codes' wiki should be adapted to this, and extended with ins and outs of the options.