new murgaLua in testing
Topic: new murgaLua in testing
started by: mikshaw
Posted by mikshaw on Jan. 20 2008,01:30This weekend John Murga has released a new testing version of murgaLua, and plans to release 0.6 very soon.
rough changelog from the prerelease:
(This has been tested on all platforms including MacOS)
* Many small FLTK fixes, binding corrections and upgrade to build r6021.
(Not all of these are tested yet, and yes, that is yesterday's build :-) )
* Upgrades to luasocket, copas, luafilesystem and lsqlite.
* Integrated md5, added a couple of HEX encoding functions and a rounding function.
* Lots of build tweaks for all platforms (in terms of size, options, etc).
This release is smaller than the 0.5 series with more features ;-)
* Minor updates to the documentation (not in this tar).
* Refactored how the FLTK bindings are updated, making things MUCH easier for myself.
* user_data() methods for all widgets and menu items is implemented.
(This allows for much neater menus and event handling in general)
* Fl_Image.data() method implemented for all image types.
(Creates a table that allows for manipulation of images)
* Fl_Pixmap constructor implemented along with rotation demo.
(Now all image types can be created programatically)
The current non-xft version works in DSL 4 without modification
Posted by roberts on Jan. 20 2008,02:34It is looking good and I will merge in as soon as it is released.
Posted by mikshaw on Jan. 22 2008,02:07Something I didn't notice until now....the regular Xft version also works in DSL 4 without modification, although it is a little slower sometimes.
Over the last couple of days John included some very useful portions of Fl_Menu_, such as callback(), that makes it a lot easier to make a very specific menu.
Posted by roberts on Jan. 22 2008,02:12Yes, I had added xft for better support of Opera browser and MurgaLua.
Posted by roberts on Jan. 24 2008,06:42mikshaw, There was a pre-release, now I see an "updated build".
Is an official release for murgaLua comming soon? Are these the "release candidates" for murgaLua? Somehow, I was under the impression that 0.6 was to be out soon and a test 0.7 was to follow shortly.
Posted by mikshaw on Jan. 24 2008,13:06