Configuring CDW CD burning tool
Topic: Configuring CDW CD burning tool
started by: jhsu
Posted by jhsu on Jan. 28 2008,00:40My CD burner is an external HP CD-Writer+ 8290 connected through a USB port. I just want to be able to burn data to CDs. Please note that my machine has an internal CD-ROM that can only read CDs.
From "cdrecord -scanbus", I get as part of the output:
2,0,0 200) 'HP ' 'CD-Writer+ 8290 ' '1.3C' Removable CD-ROM
Therefore, I set "SCSI device" to "2,0,0".
1. When should "Write CD from image" be selected? When should it NOT be selected?
2. Should CD-ROM be set for the internal CD-ROM or the external CD-ROM?
3. What's the difference between "mnt" and "dev"? I notice that the default settings for the CD-ROM and CD-RW device settings use dev.
4. What setting do I need for CD-RW device? The default value is "dev/scd0". How do I know what setting to use? For example, typing "cdrecord -scanbus" reveals which "SCSI device" setting to use. Is there an analogous command to use for setting the CD-RW device?
5. What do the "blank fast", "disk at once", "rock ridge", "dummy write", "auto show volume", "multi-session", "Joliet information", "useful RR attributes", "pad", and "burnproof" settings mean? Under what circumstances should these options be enabled, and under what circumstances should these options be disabled?
6. What does "Disk at once" mean? When do you use this option, and when do you disable it?
7. What should I put in for "CD mountpoint"? The default option is "/cdrom".
8. What does do the "auto disk catalog", "grab stereo mode", "echo to sound dev.", "encode to ogg. vorbis", and "high quality" settings mean? Under what circumstances should I enable these settings, and under what circumstances should I disable them?
9. Is there any reason to change the "bits per channel" setting from the default value of 16 or the "bitrate" setting from the default value of 192?
Posted by lucky13 on Jan. 28 2008,01:36http://damnsmalllinux.org/static/act-ST/f-12/t-19597/hl-cdrecord