Forum: DSL Embedded
started by: roberts
Posted by roberts on Nov. 10 2004,22:28
With the release of 0.8.4, there is now also an updated dsl-embedded. Some of the fixes in 0.8.4 should make for a better experience with dsl-embedded-0.8.4.
Posted by AwPhuch on Nov. 10 2004,22:47
You can also just download the single iso and replace the dsl.iso in the embedded directory with the 0.8.4 renamed to dsl.iso
Posted by SaidinUnleashed on Nov. 11 2004,05:31
makes it a lot easier on the dialup junkies around here too.
Posted by ico2 on Nov. 11 2004,17:44
lol, i may well get 0.8.4
Posted by AwPhuch on Nov. 29 2004,15:51
is Qemu 0.6.1 included in the new package?
I heard there are alot of bug fixes and performance upgrades on it...
- Mac OS X port (Pierre d'Herbemont)
- Virtual console support
- Better monitor line edition
- New block device layer
- New 'qcow' growable disk image support with AES encryption and
- VMware 3 and 4 read-only disk image support (untested)
- Support for up to 4 serial ports
- TFTP server support (Magnus Damm)
- Port redirection support in user mode networking
- Support for not executable data sections
- Compressed loop disk image support (Johannes Schindelin)
- Level triggered IRQ fix (aka NE2000 PCI performance fix) (Steve
- Fixed Fedora Core 2 problems (now you can run qemu without any
LD_ASSUME_KERNEL tricks on FC2)
- DHCP fix for Windows (accept DHCPREQUEST alone)
- SPARC system emulation (Blue Swirl)
- Automatic Samba configuration for host file access from Windows.
- '-loadvm' and '-full-screen' options
- ne2000 savevm support (Johannes Schindelin)
- Ctrl-Alt is now the default grab key. Ctrl-Alt-[0-9] switches to
the virtual consoles.
- BIOS floppy fix for NT4 (Mike Nordell, Derek Fawcus, Volker Ruppert)
- Floppy fixes for NT4 and NT5 (Mike Nordell)
- NT4 IDE fixes (Ben Pfaf, Mike Nordell)
- SDL Audio support and SB16 fixes (malc)
- ENTER instruction bug fix (initial patch by Stefan Kisdaroczi)
- VGA font change fix
- VGA read-only CRTC register fix
Posted by cbagger01 on Nov. 29 2004,18:52
Don't bother getting QEMU version 6.1 for Microsoft Windows host system (DSL Linux guest OS).
It still has the network corruption bug.
Instead, download the latest "Nightly build" of QEMU. Anything dated 11/21/2004 or newer contains a fix for the network corruption bug.