Forum: DSL Tips and Tricks
started by: jhsu
Posted by jhsu on Aug. 06 2008,19:25From my web site at < http://www.jasonhsu.com/linux-persistent.html >
1. Complete the frugal installation of Damn Small Linux
2. Open a root shell.
3. Enter the command "mkdir /mnt/hda3/opt"
4. Enter the command "cp -arv /ramdisk/opt /mnt/hda3
5. Open EmelFM as SuperUser.
6. Open the file /cdrom/boot/grub/menu.lst .
7. Add the following cheat codes to the end of the line preceding the first "initrd":
8. Replace the earlier "nodma" cheat code with "dma"
Posted by lucky13 on Aug. 07 2008,22:04Make number 8 optional. Not everyone's controllers/drives will work with DMA enabled, and that includes a lot of hardware DSL has targeted for support. I believe that's why the default is nodma. You can also use hdparm after boot to enable DMA.