update of gnuplot extension
Topic: update of gnuplot extension
started by: tbeu
Posted by tbeu on Nov. 17 2008,07:26Can someone please update the gnuplot extension. Thanks.
Posted by Nym1 on Nov. 20 2008,06:51"Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime."
1. download and install "compile-3.3.5.uci" from:
< http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub....3.5.uci >
2. download and unpack "gnuplot-4.2.4.tar.gz" from:
< http://downloads.sourceforge.net/gnuplot....irror=0 >
3. open a terminal(xshell) as root and navigate to the gnuplot-4.2.4 directory you obtained after step 2.
(in my case the command was: cd /mnt/hda1/downloads/gnuplot-4.2.4)
4. Type: export CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/compile-3.3.5/include
5. Type: ./configure --prefix=/opt/gnuplot-4.2.4
6. After text stops scrolling and the command prompt returns type: make
7. When the command prompt returns type: make install
8. After "make install" has finished you should find a gnuplot-4.2.4 sub-directory in /opt.
9. Open a terminal and type /opt/gnuplot-4.2.4/bin/gnuplot
10. Enjoy your self-compiled program.
Posted by Onyarian on Nov. 20 2008,16:41Thanks,
Clear not only for Tbeu, just for everybody!