unable to run downloaded apps

Forum: DSL-N
Topic: unable to run downloaded apps
started by: taiko

Posted by taiko on April 17 2007,01:12
I'm currently running DSL-N from a USB flash drive with boot parameters including Frugal and qemu (so I can restore my settings from running in embedded mode).  When I run as embedded or standard I am unable to run any of the mydsl extension apps.  I've tried downloading and running, downloading and rebooting and running, etc. but when I make a call to the extension in aterm I usually get a message like:

Code Sample
scite: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Is there any resolution for this type of problem?  Thanks!

Posted by Juanito on April 17 2007,03:32
Have you tried loading the extension from a terminal window to see if there are any error messages, eg:

mydsl-load /path-to-file/gnu-utils.dsl

Note also that some of the DSL extensions will not work in DSL-N.

Posted by taiko on April 17 2007,05:45
I tried
Code Sample
mydsl-load ./scite.dsl
which is the specific application I've been trying to download and run (see error message above) but received no error messages.  The only time I get an error is when I try to run the application.  I'm using the < http://ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/damnsmall/ > URL for downloading, but have tried several others.  I would've expected this URL to be DSL-N specific, but maybe that was an incorrect assumption.  Is there a repository that is just for DSL-N?  If not it wouldn't be a bad idea (though I'm sure it would take someone a while to organize it).  Any other suggestions on how I can get SciTE working with DSL-N?

Posted by Juanito on April 17 2007,06:33
The repository for DSL-N is < here >.

The other way to get SciTE working in DSL-N would be to build it yourself from the binary...

Posted by taiko on April 17 2007,13:16
Thanks for the link.  The list of apps is certainly different than what I've seen in the Extension Browser on my DSL-N machine so I was most likely looking at DSL extensions.  This seems like a bug (i.e. DSL-N pointing to DSL repository by default), is there a bug tracking system for DSL-N?

It looks like I may have to build the application from source so I'll do some research as to how I should go about this and post back with my results.  Thanks again.

Posted by Juanito on April 17 2007,13:25
I don't recall that the extension browser in DSL-N is pointing at the DSL repository - maybe it would be good to check that you have the latest version of DSL-N, rc4.

You can check the version of DSL/DSL-N by using the control panel and clicking on the "stats" tab - the version number should be somewhere near the top.

Posted by taiko on April 17 2007,15:19
System Stats lists my DSL-n version as 0.1.  I downloaded this version from:

< http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub....ded.zip >

So I guess you're right.  I was switching from DSL to DSL-n so I could get my ethernet and wireless ethernet working at work and home and also have the ability to boot within qemu and from my USB directly.  I guess I'll go back and try the latest RC4 release.  Thanks for the help

*feels really dumb for not noticing the version difference yesterday*

Powered by Ikonboard 3.1.2a
Ikonboard © 2001 Jarvis Entertainment Group, Inc.