Forum: Extension Development
started by: Juanito
Posted by Juanito on May 15 2008,17:55I've been working on compiling gparted-0.3.7
It appears not to want to work on the ancient scsi hd on my old desktop (perhaps the same lba problem as grub) and not to want to work on the ntfs partions on my laptop (perhaps because the dsl 2.4.x kernels are too old for ntfsprogs-2) which means I cannot test it.
The extension "should" work with ext2 or fat partions on run of the mill hd - if there's an interest, I can post the extension...
Posted by kuky on May 15 2008,19:561) gparted works in live cd or is a dsl app ?
2) can run in old pcs or new pcs or both ?
3) can be useful to newbys to prepare hd to dsl install...in old pcs.
4) can be a new ver of gparted to resize ntfs and create ext2 or ext3 to install dsl to competitive with vista or xp?
Posted by Juanito on May 16 2008,04:051. I'm speaking of a mydsl extension
2. Any PC that can run dsl
3. If you add the extension to a cd or usb boot, yes
4. Resizing ntfs with gparted seems to be a problem at the moment (you can use the ntfsprogs-2 extension), but ext2 ext3 should be OK
Edit: progress is being made - if I add /opt/ntfsprogs-2/lib to the library path, the ntfs functionality - create, grow, shrink, move - appears
Posted by kuky on May 16 2008,14:55if its added to dsl cd boot i think that be good idea for dsl-mania , a burn menu to add gpart app to cd-dsl-boot and a grub menu to boot cd and change hd partitions to load dsl ...
beers to juanito
Posted by curaga on May 16 2008,16:38Beers to Juanito