Forum: Site News
Topic: dsl v3.4.12
started by: roberts
Posted by roberts on Aug. 14 2008,03:59I decided to update the classic 3.x version with bug fixes and suggestions that have been made to 4.x.
* Updated minirt24.gz to support knoppix_dir=xxx and toram option.
* New boot floppy with the same change.
* Fixed bug in cpanel to stop ssh server.
* Changed .bash_profile to eliminate extra shell
* Fixed bug in kdbconfig
* Modified nfs-common to also start portmap for better nfs support.
* Deleted /usr/bin/groups - it requires gnu-utils which it is now a part of.
* Fixed permission on fusermount rwsr-x--x
* Fixed path error in /opt/monkey-0.9.21/cgi-bin/test.lua
* Deleted extraneous line in .fluxbox/menu
* Corrected link for ls
< ftp://ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/damnsmall/current/dsl-3.x/ >
Posted by ki4hqk on Aug. 17 2008,20:39Thank you!
DSL 4 has been hard for me to get used to (perhaps with time I would adjust).
I really appreciate you keeping DSL 3 updated too. I've used it to rescue at least 5 donated computers in the last few months.
Posted by windancer on Aug. 19 2008,02:01
Nice of you to rescue those computers hope they have a nice home LOL. im currently running 3.4 on a panasonic toughbook cf-25 p166 with 96 megs of ram. Good stuff though
Posted by pcdoctor on Sep. 05 2008,10:56Will 3.x be upgraded to the 2.4.31 kernel?
Posted by roberts on Sep. 05 2008,19:14I believe the real request is for an xtdesk (icon manager) extension for 4.x, as much more than the kernel and modules have been upgraded.
Posted by roberts on Sep. 07 2008,21:23I will merge xtdesk, the 3.x icon manager, into the next cut of 4.x and will be available as a boot option: icons=xtdesk
Also will be a boot option of classic
That will specify fluxbox and xtdesk, i.e., will look like 3.x
Posted by ki4hqk on Sep. 20 2008,01:02Sorry for the late reply.
Adding xtdesk as an option is helpful, though I could get used to using the Apps folder. I don't remember that being there the last time I looked at DSL 4.
I would say my real request is for docked.lua. I use the "mounting" half every time I use DSL 3. Is there any easier way to list, mount and unmount available devices in DSL 4?
Posted by roberts on Sep. 20 2008,02:23docked.lua and the mount tool is in the latest 4.x. It is part of the classic boot option of v4.4.6.