started by: bwh1969
Posted by bwh1969 on June 29 2007,17:26
Anyone get Songbird to work on DSL? It unzips fine, but seems to have a dependency problem, and it is supposed to be kinda-sorta independent.
It's a really nice program on linux, and it takes place of iTunes for those of us with iPods.
Posted by lucky13 on June 29 2007,19:44
Did you look at their requirements page? It's not kinda-sorta independent. It's also at least 52MB unzipped and installed.
Please note that Linux distributors may provide packages for your distribution which have different requirements.
* Linux kernel - 2.2.14 or later with the following libraries or packages:
o glibc 2.3.2 or later
o XFree86-3.3.6 or later
o gtk+2.0 or later
o fontconfig (also known as xft)
* Songbird has been tested on Fedora Core 5 and Ubuntu Dapper 6.06.
* 233 MHz Intel Pentium II or AMD K6-III+ CPU (Recommended: 500 MHz or greater)
* At least 64 MB of physical RAM (Recommended: 128 MB or greater)
* At least 52 MB of available space on your hard drive
* 16 bit sound card (Recommended: 32 bit sound card)
* Speakers or headphones
Edit: GTKPod is available in the GTK2 section of MyDSL (requires the GTK2 extension).