Joined: April 2006
||Posted: Feb. 01 2008,00:38
|Quote (lucky13 @ Jan. 30 2008,18:42)|
|I also figured there was some 'bs' in the implication that you were actually going through 500 patches, one by one.|
No, 242. And not one by one. Re-read my first reply in this thread. I took the patched source from my FreeBSD partition (circa September or October), edited Makefile, compiled for Linux with prefix=/opt/vim. Here: "the beauty of FreeBSD ports -- I got every available patch."
I attempted it with aap (just to see if it worked)...aap installed okay, but told me the patches file was "unavailable" (!); meanwhile, I patched anything with "memory leak" in the notes for my own use (once they're downloaded, it goes fairly quickly).
Also, using './configure --prefix=/opt/vim_7.1' didn't stop it from looking in the usr dir for help and spellcheck files.