Joined: July 2004
||Posted: Sep. 22 2007,12:17
Just like with shell scripts, there are multiple ways to do it.
1. Do as jpeters suggested (also make the script executable: chmod +x my_script.tcl).
2. Open tclsh or tkcon and run the script from that shell.
3. Open a shell and type "/opt/tcltk-8.4/bin/wish my_script.tcl"
4. Add /opt/tcltk-8.4/bin to PATH, open a shell, and type "wish my_script.tcl"
5. Create a desktop icon or menu item with the command in #3
I believe that adding the /opt/tcltk-8.4/bin directory to PATH saves a lot of future effort, if you plan to run other scripts.