Joined: Mar. 2004
||Posted: April 06 2004,02:20
Powertweak Linux provides information about your computer hardware and linux kernel setup including:
* DMI BIOS interrogation (not only bios settings, but ports, cpu and events) (NEW)
* some 2.5 linux kernel proc settings (NEW)
* PCI configuration space tuning.
* Adjusting block device elevator algorithms.
* Changing /proc/sys entries.
* hdparm type features (Informational only right now)
* IDE SMART status.
* CPU Model specific register tuning
* CPU MTRR registers (Informational only right now)
Powertweak can be used to tune your kernel and hardware configuration for optimal performance, or for viewing hardware and kernel settings. It currently has a graphical GTK GUI, and a simple text based tree lister.
--Last updated July 2003, but maybe it's worth a shot --
No good deed goes unpunished...