Joined: Jan. 2004
||Posted: Feb. 24 2004,05:50
I never would have guessed that 0.6 has a font problem. When I viewed my local Opera home page, everything looked normal. Here is the web version of the page:
All I did was use MozillaFirebird to save the page, web.html and a directory, web_files, in /home/damnsmall, and used Scite to remove the counter, and had Opera pick it up as it's home page when Opera booted up. It looked normal, fonts and all. The fun began when I began to surf the links on the page. Opera could not do a lot of the pages correctly, fontwise. However, when I went to some of my pages, they appeared correctly, but not all of them.
So, for Opera 6.12, I need to use DSL 0.5.3.1, which I have on other machines. I am just testing DSL 6 on this box, and the main change that I have made, is to include wvdial in the tarball for restoration, and some small changes to the menu. I do have to use a filetool.sh of my own, and place that in the
Windows partition with the /knoppix directory. I do a quasi-install of DSL after I run it off the CDROM a while, it runs faster. Main reason for having my own filetool.sh is that the default one sometimes backs up a minimal filetool.lst, from
/home/damnsmall, and that can leave me without a full backup/restore tarball, so I have to fix that before shutting down the machine.
Other than that, I am doing alright with DSL 6.
Without going into details, those Opera install scripts seemed to go crazy running in DSL 6 for some reason, nothing was where it was supposed to be, etc. , so that alone is a good reason for Opera fans to stick to 0.5.3.1.
Rapidweather Remaster of DSL:
Rapidweather Remaster of Knoppix Linux: