Joined: July 2006
||Posted: Aug. 06 2007,06:33
some quick points:
- why are you trying to install it twice?
- afaik fat16 is used due to compatibility, although it does have its limitations esp. on capacity. However, it is not a problem in your context... see the above point.
- from what I have seen, the 512MB limitation depends on the system/drive... and (that determines) the installation method.
- since there are so many different ways and problems, the USB-install scripts were deemed to be removed from the base image (still pending)
- for relatively newer systems, using an ext2 partition (at the end of the drive if you plan on using the rest with windows) with extlinux should be fine (w/ usb-hdd system capability I think)
- in any case, I have seen DSL on various sized usb's... perhaps searching the forums would be better in this case
EDIT: Anyone feel free to correct/add to these, since most of this is just coming from what I've read over somewhat, and concluded from it