Joined: Oct. 2003
||Posted: Jan. 10 2005,05:22
I have posted an easy to use script with the necessary utilities to setup the new dsl-embedded 5-way boot pendrive.
You can get it here 5-way.tgz
Basically you do the following:
1. Format the pendrive with FAT using cfdisk,e.g.,
2. Set up a bootable fat partition sda1
3. Download and unzip dsl-embedded-x.zip and move content of file to the pendrive.
cp -R /mnt/what/ever/unziped/* /mnt/sda1
4. Apply syslinux to the pendrive with syslinux.
syslinux -s /dev/sda1
(where sda1 is the pendrive device)
1. Using Windows, format the pendrive with FAT.
2. Download and unzip dsl-embedded-x.zip and move content of file to the pendrive.
3. Apply syslinux.exe to the pendrive with c:\syslinux.exe -s e: (where e: is the pendrive device)
I know that there are many ways to do this. But if you had sucess with the "Install to Pen Drive" script, then you should find this new script helpful.
It seems that some versions of syslnux and or unzip have problems. This download contains everything you need to setup from with the DSL environment.