Joined: Aug. 2005
||Posted: Aug. 18 2005,07:50
From what I understood :
1) The only easy way to save your work using qemu is to save it on the hdb image (the "qemu\harddrive" file).
2) this file is not "mountable" under windows.
3) hence, the only way to access your files with windows is to install a ftp server in windows or to configure shared folders that will be accessed through samba.
4) So being able to use DSL-embedded for real work depends strongly on the host windows configuration.
5) This means it is not a "mobile" solution anymore.
6) So (expressed in rather crude words, due to my poor english), putting it on a usb key seams pretty pointless.
Thus my question :
Does someone really work with dsl-embedded on usb, or is it just for testing/fun purpose ?