Joined: April 2004
||Posted: Jan. 17 2005,16:59
|Quote (RoGuE_StreaK @ Jan. 12 2005,07:56)|
|Hey ke4nt, could you give us a rundown of how you have your system set up, how you boot, how you set up wine etc.?|
You've said elsewhere that you boot from livecd and access the games on other partitions etc. - any particular "process" you go through when you boot, ie. pointers on how someone can make a similar setup to yours quickly and easily? A step-by-step would be greatly appreciated, eg
1. boot livecd
2. mount hard drive partition and create folder called "dslgames"
3. install xfree86 and nvidia .dsl's, change such-and-such to something-or-other, exit x and...
4. Install UT2004demo by downloading from..., then in a terminal typing "ut2* /mnt/hda7/dslgames..."
4. edit filetool.lst to include blah & blah, run backup to hda7...
5. on next boot, use "dsl restore hda7..."
Would be a great resource, kind of a "how to for dsl gamers". I'd like to be able to get xfree86 and nvidia working easily after booting from a livecd, but I keep getting lost somewhere along the way...
I agree, a basic "HOWTO" would be awesome!
Are the games you have up "ports" to Linux, you just purchase the package and run?
Where do you find them?
http://www.frappr.com/dsl <-- Where do you use DSL?
http://www.smoothwall.org <-- Ultimate firewall for the world!
http://boinc.mundayweb.com/one/stats.php/userID:6107 <--My BOINC stats!