Joined: July 2004
||Posted: April 04 2008,01:22
Honestly I never thought to try it. Now that you mention it I remember seeing it before, but that was before considering using Lua as CGI. And what I've done so far has been few-and-far-between tests on a local-network-only website, so I haven't been too serious about exploring it.
|Just curious, did the existing cgi.lua not work for you?|
I'll be sure to look into cgi.lua now.
While murgaLua is a great tool for making quick and small interfaces, i wonder if it might be a little heavy for use on a web server. I just installed Lua a few days ago in an attempt to compile some modules for murgaLua, but I'm wondering if it might also be useful as a mydsl extension. So far I haven't succeeded in compiling any binary Lua modules, though, so I've moved toward looking at modules written in Lua. As a result, and a side note, I finally understand the use of ... as a function parameter, and expect it will be quite useful in future scripts. As a result of that result, I'm guessing the underscore has some very useful usefulness that I have yet to understand.