Joined: Feb. 2006
||Posted: Feb. 13 2006,12:25
If you have windows on hda1 and install dsl to hdb2 grub may not work. If so, try the following
1. Start ATerminal
2. sudo su
4. find /boot/grub/stage1
you wil get an answer like (hd1,1)
5. root (hd1,1) or whatever the answer is
6. setup (hd0) this will install grub in the mbr of the first hd
8. the grub-menu shows several menuitems to start dsl but none to start windows.
9. login and edit the file /boot/grub/menu.lst
the last 5 lines in that file may look like this:
10. remove the # from each line above
11. save the file
13. grub now has a menuitem Windows
Use this at your own risk. If you loose your data, don't cry. You have a backup, haven't you?