Joined: Sep. 2005
||Posted: June 09 2007,21:08
Guess we still have a doc problem.
This is from Saidin's notes in the old wiki and is about repacking a uci - I don't know if it's still there. You need to adapt it a bit to make a uci from scratch. In your case you're half way there since I don't think you need a user.tar.gz (no menu or icon).
Replace /opt/firefox in the following with /opt/xorg72.
Instead of steps 8 and 9, put any files and their directories that need to be written to writeable areas of the filesystem (/home/dsl, /opt (other than in xorg72), /tmp) such as menus or icons in the work/firefox/user directory, and make a list with eg:
find -type f >list
To change/update a UCI file do the following: (example here is firefox.uci)
1. mount the uci as normal
2. mkdir work
3. cd work
4. cp -a /opt/firefox/.
5. cd firefox
6. mkdir user
7. cd user
8. tar -zxvf ../user.tar.gz
9. tar -ztf ../user.tar.gz > list
10. -- now edit the actual files as needed --
11. -- be sure to edit/update the "list"
12. tar -T list --numeric-owner --no-recursion -czvf ../user.tar.gz
13. cd ..
14. rm -rf user
15. cd ..
16. mkisofs -R -hide-rr-moved -cache-inodes -pad firefox/|create_compressed_fs - 65536 > ../firefox.uci
17. cd ..
20. rm -rf work
(Thanks to Robert Shingledecker)