Joined: Oct. 2003
||Posted: May 23 2008,15:12
Thanks to Jason for an update to:
|Code Sample |
Description: ALSA for DSL v2.x and v4.x only
Copying-policy: GPL & LGPL (alsa) for alsa pciutils -- Copyright 1997--1999 Martin Mares
-----==[ Color = red Filesize: 4.4M ]==-----
Extension by: clacker
Comments: REQUIRES Kernel 2.4.31 - DSL v2.0, DSL v2.1, or the newer DSL 4.x series
REQUIRES gnu-utils.dsl to be loaded first
REQUIRES boot time parameter alsa
The Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA) provides audio and
MIDI functionality to the Linux operating system. ALSA has the
following significant features:
1. Efficient support for all types of audio interfaces from
consumer soundcards to professional multichannel audio
2. Fully modularized sound drivers.
3. SMP and thread-safe design.
4. User space library (alsa-lib) to simplify application
programming and provide higher level functionality.
5. Support for the older OSS API providing binary compatibility
for most OSS programs.
10/18/2005 - First version
Current: 2008/05/22 - Fixed module permissions and added check for /var/tmp
in the setup script to support DSL 4.x.
Edited by roberts on May 23 2008,20:25