Joined: Dec. 2006
||Posted: Mar. 20 2008,18:50
I got it working.. here some tips for future users...
1.Plug in the modem
2. in dmesg you will see a storage device added
3. do lsusb
4. Do modprobe usbserial vendor=xx product=xx (enter the numbers you found in lsusb, for mine it was 0x12d1 with 0x1300)
5. in dmesg you will see 2 serial ports were added (if not, or you only see one.. it might you you dont have usb 2 or your pc is to slow)
6. Put the wvdial.conf script below and make sure you have downloaded the wvdial.dsl file.
7. Start with wvdial hsdpa and you are online.
This information is for a telfort subscription! It took me a while to get the right wvdial.conf, but this should do it.
# wvdial for Vodacom Data. Created by Tazz_tux
# Version 1.0
# Change Log:
# Added support for HSDPA.
# Added Headers and version control.
Phone = *99***1#
Username = internet
Password = internet
Stupid Mode = 1
Dial Command = ATDT
Modem = /dev/ttyUSB0
Baud = 460800
Init2 = ATZ
Init3 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
Init5 = AT +CGDCONT=1,"IP","internet"
ISDN = 0
Modem Type = Analog Modem