Joined: Nov. 2005
||Posted: Mar. 07 2007,17:27
|Quote (roberts @ Mar. 06 2007,23:22)|
|From the boot prompt:|
You will get a text installation menu with many options to make floppies, do all the installation types, and even start cfdisk.
It is useful to not have to start X and other processes, as you use less resources.
1. Make Standard Boot Floppy
2. Make USB Boot Floppy
3. Install to Hard Drive
4. Frugal Grub Hard Drive Install
5. Frugal Lilo Compact Flash Install
6. USB Pendrive ZIP boot Install
7. USB Pendrive HDD boot Install
8. Split KNOPPIX into floppy sized chunks
9. Interacive KNOPPIX split onto floppies
10. DSL FreeDOS Utilities
11. PCMCIA Module Floppy
12. Partition Tool cfdisk
I wonder if you will consider to add some options in the frugal install (grub and/or lilo) in the next release so that users can set up the menu.lst (in case of grub, that is) with customized cheat codes right at the time of installing.