Joined: Oct. 2003
||Posted: July 03 2007,05:22
DSL v3.4 is now released. Final change log:
1. Updated MurgaLua to v0.4.1
2. Added libXft.so.2
3. Added acpid. Use boot option "acpid"
4. Added bcrypt. Dropped des
5. Improved emelfm for better CLI support
6. Fixed user umount Debian Woody bug.
7. Updated webdata to use bcrypt
8. Updated file backup/restore to use bcrypt via "protect" boot option.
9. New image has been added: dsl-3.4-initrd.iso
I took a little side trip while working on 4.0 to make a much asked for version of DSL.
dsl-3.4-initrd.iso version has the KNOPPIX image packed in the initial ramdisk. This means it is very easy to setup a PXE DSL server.
It also means the entire system always loads into ram. You will need 128MB ram for this version. It will boot as a typical isolinux version and thereby eliminates the scan for the KNOPPIX image. So, by producing this image I have tried to satisfy two areas of improved use.
Note: The embedded install scripts are not aware of the new initrd version.