for some reason it is downloading "dal-dkpg.dsl.7" I wander what does that ".7" mean...
Ok. Now I understand. The number at the end is due to the times being downloaded. Managed to delete all of them.
Went again to >APPS>Tools>Enable Apt
Then it fetches the file and downloads it (tried both protocols http and ftp as well). After download completion, it seems to do something I don't understand and not being displayed. Then a bunch of ASCII chars appear on the screen (like when you open a compressed file through a text pad) and finally fails with message "checksum error".
So I tried an alternate way to check if the downloaded file might be corrupted.
But it is not, since I tried:
Then I loaded the extension:
No problem at all.
Even after doing that (loading the extension) when I ran:
It fails saying cannot open lock file /var/lib/apt/lists/lock (file does not exist).
Checked manually and the directory does not exist.
After creating it, dsl is looking for files that obviously are not present.
I must asume that something went wrong during the initial installation into HD. I am not sure why or what happened.