Damn Small Linux (DSL) Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 10, 2015, 04:15:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
The new DSL forums are now open.
298224 Posts in 294249 Topics by 250 Members
Latest Member: aziz_fahmizhar
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
Get The Official Damn Small Linux Book. Great VPS hosting provided by Tektonic

+  Damn Small Linux (DSL) Forums
|-+  Damn Small Linux
| |-+  DSL Ideas and Suggestions
| | |-+  Will the 2.4 kernel be backported with drivers from the 2.6 kernel?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Will the 2.4 kernel be backported with drivers from the 2.6 kernel?  (Read 2446 times)

View Profile Email
« on: October 07, 2012, 12:28:53 PM »

Hope that I post in the right place, please feel free to move this thread othervise.
I think it's great that DSL has started to be maintained again and it puts a smile on my face that it's using the 2.4 kernel since I am Freesco fan as well which uses the even older 2.0 kernel Smiley

Now, I remeber all the times I've tired DSL and it was very often I got stuck because DSL didn't have a driver for the network interface.
So my question is really if there any plans to upgrade the kernel in the near future, with the latest drivers.

Thanks in advance!

After some digging, I can se that the kernel has a never kernel , 2.4.31 instead of the older 2.4.26 - so I am guessing that it has a lot more to offer Smiley
So far, DSL runs fine on my virtual box but will check it out som more, again - great work Smiley
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 12:46:31 PM by Peppe76 » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 07:30:45 PM » dated 20 august 2012 is a minimal, real "active" response...
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/longterm/v2.6.34/linux- (http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/longterm/v2.6.34/linux-

dsl dma toram nopcmcia norestore alsa host=n8
-- --- ----- -------- ------------- ---------------------
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: