Damn Small Linux (DSL) Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 31, 2014, 03:14:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
News
The new DSL forums are now open.
Stats
297772 Posts in 294157 Topics by 217 Members
Latest Member: WLftDIjrqp
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
Get The Official Damn Small Linux Book. Great VPS hosting provided by Tektonic

+  Damn Small Linux (DSL) Forums
|-+  Damn Small Linux
| |-+  User Feedback
| | |-+  I have DSL installed on a Fujitsu Stylistic 1200. How to reset firefox size?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I have DSL installed on a Fujitsu Stylistic 1200. How to reset firefox size?  (Read 430 times)
sunshine

View Profile Email
« on: July 19, 2014, 04:53:24 AM »

I have it running well except Firefox comes up too big on the small screen on this tablet.

It is running at vga=786 using xfdev.

Any ideas?

Thanks
CNK

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 02:54:59 AM »

If you do "firefox --help" and look under "Mozilla options", there are options "-height" and "-width" to specify window size.

So you just have to use the command "firefox -width <pixels> -height <pixels>" to start it with the size specified in pixels. The height should be a bit less than the screen resolution so that the window doesn't cover the task bar at the bottom.

You can put the full command in a menu item by editing "/home/dsl/.jwmrc", or make a script file with the command and create a link to it on the desktop.
TaroTaoYin

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 08:23:23 AM »

Can you help me? I don't understand everything. Can you tell me about that?
CNK

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2014, 10:45:25 PM »

Well to try starting Firefox full size, open a terminal window and enter the "firefox -width <pixels> -height <pixels>" command with the <pixels> parts near the resolution you have set with your display.

When you work out the window size you want, type "sudo nano .jwmrc" to edit the file that controls the DSL menu. Find the line for Firefox, and after "/usr/local/bin/firefox", add the -width and -height commands with your desired pixel counts. Then save the file by pressing Ctrl-O and close the window (or press Ctrl-X to return to the command line).

If you want an icon on the desktop, make a script by entering the command you used in the terminal ("firefox -width <pixels> -height <pixels>") into a text editor and saving it as something like "firefox.sh" in the "/home/dsl" directory. Open a terminal window and type "sudo chmod a+rwx firefox.sh", then right click on any desktop icon and select "Create > New Program Icon" from the menu. Enter the path "/home/dsl/firefox.sh" in the window that opens and click create.

Now the icon should appear on the desktop and start Firefox at the size desired. You can delete the old icon (right click on it and select "delete"), and set the same name and picture for the new one by right clicking on it and selecting "Options" from the menu.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: