Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eth0 is showing two IP addresses no matter what I do to fix it!
Hello everyone! I am new to the forum and I am happy that DSL is back in action! Thank you John for resurrecting this awesome project!. 

That being said, I installed DSL on a Qemu/libvirt/kvm VM on Arch Linux and even though it installed correctly, no matter what I do, I cannot get the network to work properly.  When I do a ip addr show, it shows two IP addresses for the eth0 interface:  A 192.168.122.x address, and a 169.254.x.x address.  Also my /etc/resolv.conf file has no nameservers defined in it. I tried to reconfigure the interface using the Network interface tool in Control Center, and I configured the IP to be set by DHCP, but no matter how many times I restart the networking, using  ifdown eth0/ifup eth0, after a minute or so, the damn 169 address appears again and networking completely stops.  I even tried setting the IP as a static IP, but still, the 169 address shows up.  Any idea as to what might be the issue and how I can fix this permanently? or is this a misconfiguration in the base install of DSL?

Thank you and please let me know if you need any more information!

Messages In This Thread
eth0 is showing two IP addresses no matter what I do to fix it! - by xsilentmurmurx - 09-02-2024, 10:52 PM