Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roadmap questions
Question 
Hey there!

I really like DSL 2024 - but I noticed there are only really 2 and a bit months remaining in 2024. I have a couple of questions about the roadmap for the new DSL!
  1. Are there going to be more RCs before an initial release?
  2. Will the name change each year (DSL 2025, DSL 2026 etc) or will it follow a common naming pattern, like YY.MM for some distros? (18.04, 24.06 etc). A series of themed names is also a really neat option, like Debian and the Toy Story characters.
  3. Is it going to be a traditional release schedule distro, or rolling-release?
  4. Is support for any other DEs/WMs planned?
  5. Will you accept volunteer contributions in certain areas? There was another topic about a book -- I happen to be a professional writer and editor and would be happy to at the very least copy-edit and/or edit the book if a project does start. I have some programming knowledge but my expertise is all in embedded systems - I mostly use Linux instead of writing code for it, though I do have a couple of decades of experience as a user!
  6. Is there any established way the community can help you/the project?
Note that I'm not requesting or asking for any of these things, I'm just curious what the plans are, both short-term and long-term for DSL Smile

Cheers,