Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alpha 2 no Firefox.
Just installed dsl-2024.alpha2 in Windows with Qemu. First thing I noted is that Firefox and Firefox-esr are missing from the repo. This cut works well and boots up in about 20 seconds on Qemu. Good work!!!

// meo
This is weird. I installed the first in safe mode and now I tested the first option and I got a 1280x800 resolution but a very stable installation.. I updated and after that I could install Firefox-esr. I don't know what to make of it. Will keep on testing. Thanks for the new cut! Have been anticipating it.

// meo

My bad! Returned to the first installation and after updating I could install Firefox-esr. Tried to update just after install but that didn't work. Now there was no problem at all. Works well after what I've experienced until now. Thanks again for this new cut of DSL-2024!!!

// meo
Well there seems to be some quirks after all. Got this error message at bootup: "Gtk-WARNING **: 14:48:53.237: Could not load a pixbuf from icon theme. This may indicate that pixbuf loaders or the mime database could not be found." Booting now sometimes leaves me without icons and with a monochrome wallpaper. The menu shows up in full color but the background remains black and white. Furthermore the alsamixer doesn't show up. It just kind of flashes up and disappears. I run DSL-2024 alpha2 in Qemu and since I haven't used that before the problems could be related to that.

// meo