Joined: Oct. 2003
||Posted: July 02 2004,19:46
the easiest way to use your .dsl files is....
1. Boot the LiveCD or, install to HD, the latest DSL 0.7.1
2. Download a .dsl file to your /damnsmall directory
( usually downloads to there anyway )
3. open 'Emelfm" file manager, highlight the *.dsl , and click the
mydsl button in the center of emelfm.
4. After a few moments ( my desktop usually blinks once )
right click on your desktop to bring up the main menu,
look in mydsl at the top, and you should see your program.
5. click it to run it.
6. Often times, there is a new icon on your desktop as well
whiteBOX.dsl needs no icon, as the menu works great for
selecting its choices. Nice .dsl file. I'd like to see some
more original themes built for DSL, and this is a great tool
to get you going..