Joined: May 2005
||Posted: May 29 2005,01:21
I have no working sound card, and don't know the first steps
to take to determine which sound card exists, and
how to configure it to work. Any help on this?
For ALSA...I read the directions but none seem
to make sense and/or work.
1. Start up DSL with the "dsl alsa" boot command.
boot command image doesn't exist..
2. Install the gnu-utils.dsl myDSL extension.
I used the DSL Download Extension Panel, and
used the System button and downloaded this file
but don't know what to do next....
3. Install the dsl-dpkg.dsl myDSL extension.
4. Install this extension alsadebs.dsl
5. Choose "Install ALSA" from the myDSL menu
Is the download extension panel == myDSL menu?
As you can see, I am a newbie, and need some help
to kick the M$ addiction, and bad habits. Thanks!