Joined: Oct. 2006
||Posted: Oct. 25 2006,00:22
Hello, i've succesfully installed dsl (frugal) on a 128MB cf which is installed in an HP Brio BA400 pc using a cf2ide adapter, but...
...it won't boot! Please help.
It does boot in another old pc system, so the installation on the cf-card is fine. But I don't know where to go next to make it work on the HP Brio pc.
- the bios could be updated to a newer version , but i doubt if it would make a difference, there was only one change in the version regarding to cpu support.
- maybe the bios primary master hd needs to be set to user type hdd (manual), i tried this with settings i copied from the other pc bios info but wasn't succesfull at booting this, not even when it was set to "match partition table". The other old pc recognizes the cf-on-ide as a toshiba(etcetera) with cyl 978, head 8, sector 32... but the brio doesn't show this info: during boot when it's detecting the primary ide master it displays None.
What else could be done for trying to make dsl work (boot)? Booting with a floppy is not rly an option, the cf2ide adapter occuppies the only one fd-powercable. The Brio is really good for home-server purpose, the cpu and mobo are both fanless, and the 90W powersupply is also very very quiet.
- edit1: Probably it's sufficient to use grub istead of lilo for booting, but i have to fiddle out how to accomplish this...
- edit2: Installing grub wasn't that hard after all, but it didn't solve my problem.
- edit3: I read about SYSLINUX or LOADLIN, could that be the solution?
(PS: sry for using the wrong forum, topic should be moved elsewhere...)