Joined: Aug. 2007
||Posted: Sep. 16 2007,02:23
thanks for all the help, roberts! Everything now works, and it's persistent too..
So, the corrected guide for complete beginners:
1) enable apt-get
2) edit /etc/apt/sources.list comment out (with #) the stable entries, remove comment (#) from oldstable entries.
3) sudo apt-get update #to update the package lists so apt-get knows what is available.
4) sudo apt-get install aspell
5) sudo apt-get install libenchant1
If you want dictionaries other than English, now would be the time to work out where they go & install them.
Then, to get persistence:
1) which aspell # tells you where aspell is installed, needed for 2).
2) run: deb2dsl aspell # will create a .dsl of the spellchecker.
That's it. Copy the .dsl to wherever you keep your persistent .dsl packages.
Roberts - do you want me to email you the .dsl, to add to the MyDSL repository? Might help out someone else, at least if they want English..